INDEPENDENT MEMBER OF THE BOARD (UAB “IGNITIS RENEWABLES”)
Submit your application until 2021-04-18
Do You want to be part of „Ignitis grupė“?
Ignitis Renewables manages renewable sources projects in the Baltics and Poland and is responsible for the effective operation of wind farms, the supervision of the wind farms and solar parks which are under construction, and the development of new ones. Through new wind and solar energy projects, the company contributes to Ignitis Group’s strategic goal of enlarging its green production portfolio. Ignitis Group aims to create value for its shareholders and is working to increase operational green generation capacity to 4 GW by 2030.
Ignitis Group is one of the largest international utilities and renewable energy group of companies in the Baltic region. The companies of the Group produce, supply and distribute energy as well as operate all services required to make the world energy smart.
AB "Ignitis grupė", exercising the rights and obligations of the shareholder, hereby announces selection of candidates for independent member of the Board of UAB "Ignitis renewables", legal entity code 304988904, registered address P. Lukšio str. 5B, LT- 08221 Vilnius (hereinafter – the Company). The Company’s Board comprises 3 members: 2 members are representatives of AB "Ignitis grupė" and 1 member is independent.
The term of office of the Board members of the Company expires in January 2023.
Compensation – EUR 54.43 (before taxes) compensation for a factual hour spent executing the duties of an independent member of the Company’s Board, but, in all cases, no more than EUR 1,300 (before taxes) per calendar month. The contract draft of the independent member can be found here.
Selection method – interview.
Selection is conducted according to the Description of Selection of Candidates for Collegial Supervisory or Management Body of State or Municipal Enterprise, State- or Municipally-Owned Company or its Subsidiary approved by the Resolution No. 631 of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania on 17 June 2015 (hereinafter – Selection Description).
We expect that You
Candidates for the independent member position in the Company’s Board must comply with the General, Independence and Special requirements as well as other requirements listed in the Selection Description, Law on the Management, Use and Disposal of Assets owned by the State and Municipality and the Articles of Association of the Company. The General and Independence requirements for candidates are set out in the Law on the Management, Use and Disposal of Assets owned by the State and Municipality.
General, Independence and Special requirements for Candidates
General requirements referred to in Paragraph 5 of Article 23(1) of Law on the Management, Use and Disposal of Assets owned by the State and Municipality i.e.:
- Candidates must have higher (university) or equivalent education;
- Candidates must not be related to the natural persons or legal entities that would create conflict of interests when holding the position of an independent member of the collegial body;
- Candidates must not be deprived of the right to hold the relevant position and to perform the functions required for the position or the right to hold such position must not be restricted;
- Over the past 5 years candidates must not have been suspended from the single-person or collegial body of a legal entity due to improper fulfilment of his duties.
Independence requirements referred to in Paragraph 7 of Article 23(1) of Law on the Management, Use and Disposal of Assets owned by the State and Municipality i.e.:
- Candidates must not hold public office or be employed by the company they apply to, its subsidiary or parent companies and the legal entities related to them which are participants, shareholders or founders are the companies provided in the present paragraph (hereinafter – related legal entities), entity initiating the selection procedure or legal entity subject to it and must not have worked in such positions for the past year;
- Candidates must not have held the position of the member, chair or employee of collegial body of the company they apply to, its subsidiary or parent companies and the legal entities related to them which are participants, shareholders or founders are the companies provided in the present paragraph (hereinafter – related legal entities) and must not have worked in such positions and received remuneration from the provided legal entities for the past year, expect for remuneration for holding the position of the member of collegial body or committee;
- Candidates must not have participated in or represented the company, the collegial body position of which they apply to, or its subsidiary or parent companies, or related legal entities for the past year;
- Candidates must not have close relations to a participant, manager or member of collegial bodies of the company, the collegial body position of which they apply to – spouse, common law spouse, partner, when partnership is registered under the procedure laid down by the law, also their parent (foster parents), children (adopted children), brother (step-brothers), sisters (step-sisters), grandparents, grandchildren and their spouses, common law spouses and partners;
- Candidates must not have any significant business relations with the company, the collegial body of which they apply to, its subsidiary or parent company or with any related legal entity directly or as a participant or representative of the legal entity that has such relations. The natural person or legal entity is considered as having significant business relations when the income from such company to the participant or related legal entity during the last 12 months exceeded 1,000 euros, except for income for holding the position of the member of collegial body or committee;
- Candidates must not hold the position of partner, participant, manager, employee or member of collegial body or committee of the audit company, which performed audit of the company, the collegial body position of which they apply to, over the last two years;
- Candidates must not have held the position of the member of collegial body of the company they apply to, its subsidiary or parent company for at least 10 years. This period is calculated by adding the term of office of the future member of the collegial body for which the candidate would be appointed, to the previous terms of office of collegial bodies of the same company with no longer than one year gap between them.
- At least 5 years of experience in the management position (manager of the company, top level manager (C-level) or similar) in an international energy sector company group with revenues of EUR 500m and/or EUR 500m of assets operating a Renewable energy resource (RES) capacity;
- At least 5 years of experience in RES capacity development (large-scale development of RES capabilities, acquisitions, management, O&M or similar) internationally;
- experience and skills in the development of a renewable energy development platform and team building (advantage);
- Work experience in non/executive management bodies;
- Experience in applying Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance criteria (ESG) in business (advantage);
- Work experience in a listed company or in a company preparing for listing and experience in cooperation with investors (advantage).
Candidates must submit:
- The candidate’s application for participation in the selection and the declaration of good faith;
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae (CV);
- A copy of identity document;
- Motivational Letter;
- Diploma of higher education.
At the request of the selection committee or the Recruitment agency (UAB "Alliance recruitment"), additional documents may be requested to certify compliance with the General, Independence and Special requirements referred to above and to other statutory requirements.
Candidates shall be deemed to be eligible for selection requirements when submitting documents, independence and other criteria specified in the Selection Description, are familiar with the legal obligations arising in the event of the selection and appointment of a member of the collegial body(s), in the case of the selection of the collegial body, undertake to devote sufficient time and attention to the performance of the duties of a member of the collegial body at meetings planned by the collegial body and etc.
The deadline for the submission of documents – the candidates may submit documents until 18th April 2021 (inclusive).
Submission of documents. The candidates shall submit documents to the Company in one of the following ways:
- through the Company’s ATS by clicking "Siųsti CV!"/"Send CV" and adding copies of documents. The original documents may be requested if the candidate is selected as a successful candidate.
- by mail (registered mail) or express mail to: Zveju str. 14, LT-09310 Vilnius, to Talent Acquisition Partner – Egle Valanciute (in person). The original documents may be requested if the candidate is selected as a successful candidate.
- in person: Zveju str. 14, LT-09310 Vilnius, to Talent Acquisition Partner – Egle Valanciute (in person). Documents are accepted Monday through Friday from 09:00 AM to 4:00 PM (by prior arrangement). The original documents may be requested if the candidate is selected as a successful candidate.
- Contact person in the Company – Talent Acquisition Partner - Egle Valanciute, Phone No: +37069459435, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Person substituting the contact person in the Company – Head of Employer Brand and Talent Acquisition - Monika Statuleviciene, Phone No: +37062411115, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Contact information of the Recruitment Agency (UAB „Alliance recruitment“) – Senior Consultant - Karolina Ustilo, Phone No: +37067667054, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selection will be carried out by a Selection Board consisting of: 1 representative proposed by AB “Ignitis grupe”, 1 representative proposed by the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania, and 1 representative proposed by the Governance Coordination Center, through an external Recruitment agency (UAB „Alliance recruitment“), which will participate in the meetings of the Selection Board in an advisory capacity.
As part of our team You
Will have the opportunity to build #energysmart world and a more sustainable future together!
- Governance Coordination Center information about the selection of members of the collegial bodies;
- Company’s website;
- Ignitis group strategy, goals etc.;
- The draft agreement with the Independent Management Board member;
- The draft terms and conditions of the agreement on Protection of Confidential Information;
- Letter of expectations of the shareholder;
- The candidate’s application for participation in the selection and the declaration of good faith;
Ignitis Group is an international energy company which manages one of the largest energy groups in the Baltic region with the aim of creating an energy-smart world.
The company focuses on green energy development and is working to become a regional centre of new energy competences and a leader in energy distribution solutions on the international market.
Our companies produce, supply and distribute electricity, and provide other energy services to both households and businesses. They operate in Lithuania, Estonia, Poland and Finland, while our investments reach as far as the United Kingdom, Norway, France and Israel.