HEAD OF GROUP IT (CIO/CTO)
Submit your application until 2021-06-20
Do You want to be part of „Ignitis grupė“?
We are currently looking for a Head of Group IT (CIO/CTO) at Ignitis Group, the largest Energy & Utilities sector organization in the Baltic region.
IT is one of largest teams in the Group with more than 200 colleagues and is organized into four functional areas: Enterprise Architecture, Solution Development, Infrastructure & Operations and IT Management, each led by an area manager which will be reporting to you. You will be reporting directly to the CEO of the Group.
Ignitis group is in the process of transformation and some business areas are undergoing full digital transformation towards becoming a truly digital enterprise. In terms of Business-IT alignment, this entails a cultural shift from a client-provider perspective to a more collaborative approach. We tackle this by introducing a Dual-IT operating model, where part of IT is transitioned to work alongside their business colleagues in cross functional agile teams, while the other part of IT remains working in a well-tested and proven centralized approach, acting also as a center of excellence.
In addition to purely digital products, such as Crowdfunding platform, which is completely developed and maintained in-house, we are heavily investing in cutting edge energy technologies that involves large part of digital/IT capabilities, such as industrial-grade batteries, predictive maintenance solutions (machine learning) and smart metering and engagement ecosystems (IoT).
Projects that involve IT, which is basically every single project now, ranges from few hundred thousand to few hundred million euros in budget and lasts from few months to few years. In addition, we have several hundred smaller changes to IT landscape every year.
We value openness, partnership is our strength, and responsibility makes us a great team. If all this speaks to you, we would like to invite you to join us.
Your key areas of responsibilities will be:
- Designing and implementing IT strategy that enables organization to run, grow and transform in a much faster but still cost-effective and secure way;
- Improvement of the Governance of Enterprise IT (GEIT) model to increase maturity of the ownership, development, and maintenance of software products;
- Rapid development of in-house Software Engineering capability;
- Coordination of reengineering effort of legacy systems into a modern architecture which would enable autonomous operations of cross functional agile teams;
- Coordination of IT delivery in complex business projects and major IT4IT initiatives.
We expect that You
- have 5+ years experience in IT leadership role;
- have 5+ years of IT experience in implementing complex strategic IT projects;
- have proven experience to design IT strategy, enforce policies and procedures within a group of companies and lead matrix function;
- have strong people management skills with the ability to motivate and lead teams (including cross-functional project teams), achieve sustainable results and drive the change;
- are SME of IT business processes and standards (IT4IT, COBIT, ITIL, TOGAF, etc.) and the latest trends in the IT market;
- have strong stakeholder management skills including reporting to the board members in a clear manner and influencing without authority;
- be able to introduce advanced digital solutions while developing the ways of working;
- have solid problem-solving and decision-making skills, ability to analyze in complex issues;
- have a university degree;
- speak, read and write in fluent English and Lithuanian.
As part of our team You
- Your knowledge and experience will contribute towards developing long-term energy projects of national importance;
- You will have an opportunity to take up unique challenges specific to the energy sector together with a team of professionals;
- You will have an opportunity to work with the newest technologies;
- You will not only be able to observe how innovations come to life, but also initiate changes yourself by contributing your knowledge and experience towards creating an Energy Smart world;
- You will receive benefits package (health insurance/pension plan, flexible work time, etc).
Ignitis Grupė is an international energy company, which manages one of the largest energy group of companies in the Baltic region, with the aim to create an energy smart world.
The company focuses on green energy development and is working to become the centre of new energy competences in the region and a leader in energy distribution solutions in the international market.
Our companies produce, supply and distribute electricity, provide other energy services to both households and businesses. They operate in Lithuania, Estonia, Poland, Finland, while our investments reach the United Kingdom, Norway, France and Israel.