SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER
Submit your application until 2021-10-29
Do You want to be part of „Ignitis grupės paslaugų centras“?
We are looking for a colleague, who would join a mission to lead a complex financial services application software engineering team and help us take care of expanding our in-house software development capabilities. We value openness, partnership is our strength, and responsibility makes us a great team. If all this speaks to you, we would like to invite you to join us.
Your key areas of responsibilities will be:
- Lead financial services application software engineering team (based on Oracle PL/SQL technology stack);
- Establish software engineering process based on Agile values and principles. Select and adapt DevOps tools and practices to continuously improve the process with a team;
- Hire and grow talents for Agile cross-functional team. You will be interviewing people, making hiring decisions;
- Motivate and ensure continuous personal development of your team members to reach their career goals;
- You will be performing annual reviews, providing feedback, handling issues and removing obstacles when needed;
- Grow your team establishing achievable and meaningful key performance indicators (KPI);
- Planning team workload together with other colleagues to negotiate and meet business needs;
- Work closely with team members, Enterprise, Solution Architects, Product Owner to develop ambitious and achievable product roadmap;
- Participate hands on designing solutions and integrations for the product, resolving technical challenges with team and other colleagues.
We expect that You
- Have at least 5 years' experience working in a team on complex, sophisticated projects;
- Have at least 2 years working in Agile team or Agile environment;
- Have experience growing people on their career path;
- Have deep understanding of Oracle PL/SQL technology stack;
- Have proven experience in team management, leadership skills;
- Have experience establishing or improving software engineering process;
- Have excellent system design skills and experience;
- Have excellent SQL skills for manipulating data, creating, altering tables;
- Have experience creating custom functionality using best practices and patterns, keeping consistency within existing architecture;
- Write good quality and clean code, contribute to coding standards, refactoring;
- Open to feedback from others and able to constructively provide feedback as part of the code review process;
- Have experience integrating web applications with other applications using XML/SOAP/REST based web services;
- Basic testing skills, knowledge and experience of TDD would be a benefit;
- Have a good collaboration, communication, negotiation skills with other stakeholders;
- Have strong learning capabilities, are open to learn new technologies, have product and domain specific knowledge.
As part of our team You
- Will contribute towards developing long-term energy projects of national importance;
- Will have an opportunity to take up unique challenges specific to the energy sector together with a team of professionals;
- Will have an opportunity to work with the newest technologies;
- Will not only be able to observe how innovations come to life, but also initiate changes yourself by contributing your knowledge and experience towards creating an Energy Smart world;
- Will receive benefits package (health insurance/pension plan, flexible work time, etc).
Ignitis Group is one of the largest international utilities and renewable energy group of companies in the Baltic region. The companies of the Group produce, supply and distribute energy as well as operate all services required to make the world energy smart.
One of its companies is Ignitis Grupės Paslaugų Centras, an internal service centre providing IT, public procurement, accounting, human resources management, legal, communication and client services to all companies of the Group.