- Ignitis Group is a renewables-focused integrated utility and the largest energy group in the Baltic states. The Group’s companies operate in the Baltic states, Poland and Finland.
- By developing a low-carbon generation portfolio with the focus on offshore wind, onshore hybrid, P2X & storage technologies while leveraging our integrated business model, we are enabling the green and flexible capacity build-out and are planning to deliver 4–5 GW of installed capacities by 2030.
- We are strengthening our contribution to Europe’s decarbonisation and energy security in our region and targeting to reach net zero emissions by 2040–2050.
- Our purpose is to create a 100% green and secure energy ecosystem for current and future generations. We also strive to become one of the first 100% green energy systems in Europe.
- In 2023, our first independently built project in Lithuania, Mažeikiai WF (63 MW), has reached COD. Ignitis Group owns five wind farms operating in Lithuania with a combined generation capacity of 121 MW. Additionally, the Group owns an 18 MW wind farm in Estonia and a 94 MW wind farm in Pomerania, Poland, which has been generating electricity since the spring of 2021. Currently, we are also implementing new wind farm and hybrid wind-solar farm projects in our local markets.
- The Group also owns modern cogeneration (CHP) plants in Vilnius and Kaunas, which turn waste unfit for recycling into energy. After the completion of the biomass unit in Vilnius CHP in 2023, the plant’s heat generation capacity is 239 MW and electricity generation capacity is 93 MW. It is one of the most modern CHPs in Europe. The heat and electricity generation capacity at Kaunas CHP is 70 MW and 24 MW respectively.
- Additionally, the Group owns Elektrėnai Complex with 1,055 MW electricity generation capacity. Finally, it also operates a 100.8 MW Kaunas Hydroelectric Power Plant and a 900 MW Kruonis Pumped Storage Hydroelectric Power Plant. There is only one such power plant in the entire region. By the end of 2026, its capacity should increase to 1,010 MW.
- Ignitis Group has EUR 600 million worth of green bonds issued. The funds were used for a variety of projects in Lithuania which should reduce carbon emissions by at least 700,000 tonnes every year.
- Ignitis Group’s revenue in 2022 totalled EUR 4.39 billion, and Adjusted EBITDA – EUR 469.3 million.
- Over 4,150 employees are currently working at the Group.