- Ignitis Group is one of the largest energy, including renewable energy, companies in the Baltic states. The Group’s companies operate in Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Poland and Finland. The Group’s innovation fund has invested in 17 companies in seven countries that create new technologies in areas of energy and e-mobility.
- The Group’s core activities include power and heat generation and supply, power and natural gas trading and distribution as well as development of smart-energy solutions. The Group’s companies supply power and natural gas to about 1.6 million business and private customers.
- Ignitis Group gives priority to green energy development, aiming to become the region’s main competence centre for new energy and a leader in energy distribution solutions in the Baltic region and beyond.
- Currently, Ignitis Group owns four wind farms operating in Lithuania with a combined generation capacity of 58 MW and an 18 MW wind farm in Estonia. The Group has also started generating electricity in a 94 MW wind farm in the Poland’s Pomerania region in 2021 spring. The construction of the wind farm in Mažeikiai region is already underway. By the end of 2022, 14 wind turbines with a total installed capacity of 63 MW will generate green electricity there.
- The Group owns the Elektrėnai Complex with 1055 MW electricity generation capacity. It also operates Kruonis Pumped Storage Hydroelectric Power Plant, which is unique in the region and has a 900 MW capacity, and Kaunas Algirdas Brazauskas Hydroelectric Power Plant with a capacity of 100.8 MW.
- The Group also owns modern cogeneration (CHP) plants in Vilnius and Kaunas, which turn waste unfit for recycling into energy. The Vilnius CHP Plant has a heat generation capacity of 229 MW and electricity generation capacity of 92 MW. The Kaunas CPH Plant’s respective capacities are 70 MW and 24 MW.
- Ignitis Group invests in the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. It has issued EUR 600 million worth of green bonds. The proceeds are being used for a variety of projects in Lithuania with an estimate to reduce carbon emissions by 700,000 tonnes every year.
- Ignitis Group’s revenue in 2020 was EUR 1.268 billion.
- Approximately 3,800 employees work in the Group.